Saturday, July 23, 2016

Classroom Brochure

Classroom Brochure

I was inspired to change up my classroom syllabus that I've used for two years by two things:

1. Couldn't find the file without going to my classroom (in July...at 10pm on a Sat).
2. Elementary teachers get all the cutesy type of stuff for them.


So, I googled and searched through Teachers Pay Teachers and Pinterest until I finally opened up Microsoft Publisher.  Usually I find a template online and then manipulate it; however, I used one of the basic set-ups by Publisher.  


It's difficult to consider what a 12-13 year old would like as I am over twice the age of my students.  I gave up adjusting everything to their tastes about a year ago.  My students do not care if I spent 6 hours coming up with the perfect foldable.  They care about making things their own.


So I put myself in their shoes and came up with this:




You can download it here:


Of course, the one I will be using in my classroom has my contact information on it.  The rectangle on the first page is actually where I have our school logo.  I felt it was inappropriate for me to leave it on the blog.  


My students will have interactive journals this year and no binder (*cringe*).  As such, my students will have to glue this form (contact info side down as they won't need it) onto page 1.  As we go through the year, I will post more information regarding our journals, so you can get an idea of what we do in my classroom.  :)

1 comment: