Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Classroom Economy

Classroom Economy

Ok, let me preface this by saying the idea of a "Classroom Economy" was given to me at a workshop during the summer of 2015.  I was given permission by the individual (Nikki Parker) to adjust and make my own.


I was able to grow her elementary level classroom economy to meet my Jr High needs as I have 6 class periods of Math.  As such, I have over 100 students to keep track of and to teach basic personal financial literacy in the background of each class period each and every day.


Having a classroom economy is EXPENSIVE.  At least, in regards to the pencils.  I have bought hundreds upon hundreds of pencils.  When I charged my students $3 a pencil, they began to bring pencils (at least at a higher rate than previously).  


I updated my system this year, and I am excited to get started setting up my store!  Everything is free, so you can go to my Teachers Pay Teachers store and download for free!

Here's what the system consists of:

The checkbook register the students will keep track of



The way to earn or have money taken away



The Job List


The Job Application


If you have any questions, please let me know!  I will post pictures after I have my store set up.


~Miss Lovett


2 comments:

  1. Girl, this looks amazing. So, what does it look like in the classroom? How do you keep up with it? Miss you and hope you have a wonderful school year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! I actually don't keep up with it. My students run the economy and I oversee it. They call each other out when someone forgets homework or when it's time to pay them. They are very strict on getting paid each Friday, lol. My store is completely run by a responsible student in each class period and I keep an eye on those pencils ;)

    ReplyDelete